Special Days Co., Ltd. (hereinafter the “Company”) collects, uses and provides personal information based on the user’s consent, and strives to ensure the rights of users (the right to self-determination of personal information).
The company complies with the relevant laws and personal information protection regulations and guidelines of the Republic of Korea that information and communications service providers must comply with.
2. Personal information collection items
We collect the minimum personal information necessary to provide services.
- When registering as a member
Required: ID, password, email, membership type (general, company), date of birth, country of use
Selection: mobile phone number, profile picture, gender, area of use
- When changing corporate membership
Required: Business name, business registration number, business contact information
- When contacting customer center
Required: ID, email, member type (general, corporate)
- When you win an event
Required: name, address, mobile phone number
3. Personal Information Collection Method
In the case of collecting personal information, we must notify the user in advance and ask for their consent, and collect personal information through the following methods.
- If you agree to the collection of personal information and directly input information during the membership registration and service use
- When personal information is provided from affiliated services or organizations
- During the consultation process through the customer center, webpage, e-mail, fax, telephone, etc.
- Participation in online and offline events/events
4. Information that is automatically collected during service use
Information such as terminal information (OS, screen size, device ID, phone model, terminal model name), IP address, cookies, visit date and time, illegal use records, service use records, etc. are automatically generated during the PC web, mobile web / app use process and can be collected.
5. Use of personal information
It is used for member management, service provision and development of new services.
- Member identification/confirmation of intention to join, identity/age confirmation, prevention of illegal use
- Confirmation of consent of legal representative when collecting personal information of children under the age of 14, identification of identity when exercising legal representative
- Providing functions for sending messages between users, registering friends and recommending friends
- Developing new services, providing various services
- Handling inquiries or complaints
- Notice delivery or various individual notices
- Prevention and sanctions against acts that interfere with the smooth operation of the service (including account theft and fraudulent use, etc.)
- Use for customized content recommendation and marketing by estimating demographic characteristics and users’ interests, preferences, and tendencies
- Service use records, statistics on access frequency and service use, service environment establishment in terms of privacy protection, and service improvement
6. Provision of personal information
The company does not arbitrarily provide personal information to other person/company.However, cases where there is a separate consent from the user or cases stipulated by laws and regulations are excluded.
Personal information is provided to third parties after obtaining the user’s consent to the extent necessary for the user to use the services of external partners, etc.
7. Destruction of personal information
Personal information is destroyed without delay when the purpose of collection and use is achieved.
In the case of an electronic file, it is safely deleted so that it cannot be recovered or reproduced. However, the following information is destroyed after storage for a certain period according to the internal policy.
- The information below will be stored for up to one year from the date of withdrawal and then destroyed.
- Email address, mobile phone number, member type provided by the member
- For corporate members, business name, business registration number, business contact information
- Records of service abuse
In addition, personal information to be retained for a certain period of time in accordance with related laws and regulations is as follows.
- Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, Etc.
- Records on contract or subscription withdrawal : 5 years
- Records on payment and supply of goods (payment products, payment date and time, payment amount, etc.) : 5 years
- Records on consumer complaints or dispute resolution : 3 years
- Records on display/advertisement : 6 months
- Books and supporting documents for all transactions stipulated by the tax law in accordance with the Framework Act on National Taxes : 5 years
- Records on electronic financial transactions under the Electronic Financial Transactions Act : 5 years
- Service visit record in accordance with the Communication Secret Protection Act : 3 months
In addition, the personal information of members who have not used the service for 1 year is separately stored or deleted according to the ‘personal information validity period system’, and the separated personal information is stored for 4 years and then destroyed without delay.
8. Rights of users or their legal representatives and how to exercise them
You can view or correct personal information or check the contents of your consent at any time.
Users or their legal representatives can check personal information at any time.
- Personal information of users held by the company
- Details of the company’s use of the user’s personal information or the provision of it to a third party
- Details of consent to the collection, use and provision of personal information to the company
Users or their legal representatives can request the suspension of their personal information processing at any time.
More specifically, you can use the member information modification function or the member withdrawal function through the settings within the service, and if you request in writing, by phone or e-mail through the customer center, we will take action without delay.
If you request correction of errors in personal information, personal information will not be used or provided until the correction is completed.
9. Matters concerning the installation and operation of the automatic personal information collection device and its rejection
Cookies are sometimes used to provide web-based services.It is a very small file that the server used to operate the website sends to the user’s browser and is stored on the user’s computer.
Cookies are used to provide targeted marketing and personalized services by analyzing users’ access frequency and visit time, identifying users’ tastes and interests, tracking traces, and identifying the degree of participation in various events and number of visits.
Refuse to collect cookies
Cookies do not store personally identifiable information such as name and phone number, and users have the option to install cookies. Therefore, users have the option of installing cookies.
Therefore, the user can allow all cookies by setting options in the web browser, check each time a cookie is saved, or refuse to save all cookies. However, if you refuse to install cookies, web use becomes inconvenient, and there may be difficulties in using some services that require login.
- Internet Explorer
- Tools menu at the top of the web browser -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings
- Settings menu on the right side of the web browser -> Show advanced settings at the bottom of the screen -> Content setting button for personal information -> Cookies
- Safari menu at the top of the screen -> Settings menu -> Privacy menu
10. Securing personal information safety
We are making the following efforts to protect users’ valuable personal information.
- Users’ personal information is encrypted.
- Users’ personal information is transmitted using an encrypted communication section, and important information such as passwords is encrypted and stored.
- Technical measures against hacking, etc.
- The company controls access to personal information from outside to prevent leakage or damage to users’ personal information by hacking or viruses, and installs and monitors a system that can detect and block intrusions.
- We are continuously researching new hacking/security technologies and applying them to our services.
- Restriction of access to personal information processing system
- We minimize the number of employees handling personal information, control access to the personal information system, and reduce the risk of personal information leakage.
- We have established systematic standards for the creation and change of passwords and the right to access the database system that stores personal information and the system that processes personal information, and conducts continuous audits.
11. Compliance with Privacy Act
We comply with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the laws of each member state.When providing services to users in the European Union, the following may apply.
Purpose and basis of processing of personal information
- The collected personal information is used only for the purposes described in “5. Use of personal information”, and the user is notified of the fact in advance and asked for consent. And in accordance with applicable laws such as GDPR, we may process users’ personal information in one of the following cases.
- Consent of the data subject
- For the conclusion and performance of a contract with the data subject
- To comply with legal obligations
- When processing is necessary for the material interests of the data subject
- For the pursuit of legitimate interests of the company (except when the interests, rights or freedoms of the information subject are more important than those interests)
Ensuring the rights of users in the European Union
In accordance with applicable laws such as GDPR, users may request that their personal information be transferred to another manager and may request refusal to process their information. And you have the right to file a complaint with the data protection authority.
In addition, personal information may be used to provide marketing such as events and advertisements, and user consent is obtained in advance. Users can withdraw their consent at any time if they do not wish.
For requests related to the above, please contact us in writing, by phone or e-mail through the customer center, and we will take action without delay.
If you request correction of errors in personal information, the personal information will not be used or provided until the correction is completed.
However, we will notify you at least 30 days in advance when there is a significant change in user rights, such as a change in the items of personal information to be collected or the purpose of use.
For all inquiries, complaints, advice, or other matters related to personal information protection that occur while using the service, please contact the person in charge of personal information protection.
Manager: Geunsok Ryu
Mobile: +82 10-2605-2215
Effective date: 8/5/22